• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

coax cable

Truck boss

Jan 23, 2011
Hello,looking for a good coax for mobile install
i drive for a small trucking company and i do all the radio installs,have been reading some post on coax and not sue what i should be using.
in the past i just used rg8x,and havent had any probs except for water getting in the pl-259 connector(now using cable rap)to help prevent that.
Also would like to know were to purchase cable and connectors in bulk.
Thanks for any info
Truck boss

Radios r all connex 3300hp fyi

nothing wrong with rg8x thats what I use... are you using a single antenna..if you are running duals you will need a co phase harness

Hello,looking for a good coax for mobile install
i drive for a small trucking company and i do all the radio installs,have been reading some post on coax and not sue what i should be using.
in the past i just used rg8x,and havent had any probs except for water getting in the pl-259 connector(now using cable rap)to help prevent that.
Also would like to know were to purchase cable and connectors in bulk.
Thanks for any info
Truck boss

Radios r all connex 3300hp fyi

RG58 or RG8X would be fine.

Thanx for the info captain kilowatt,talked to the people at davis and got what i needed.This was a good choice we r both un the state of nh.

Thanx again

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.