• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 142 gtl problems

orange peel

Oct 21, 2014
Please need a good picture of the bottom of the pc-385 around mb3756 (ic-5) , I need to repair all the traces on the board where pins rest on pc board, someone had ruined the traces by too much heat. And also around the area of board where the ta7222ap is soldered to. If I can't repair board than radio will be junk, just can not fix areas with out good photos. Thanks for any help in this matter. Bob

My bad. Whenever I see/read 'mangled traces' - it is almost alwasys around the pll. Sure you've seen your share of that too. Found that pic online. Wouldn't be surprised if a 148 has a similar layout around the mb3756.

Last edited:
Oh yes! Seen plenty of destroyed traces around the PLL. In fact, my President Madison came to me that way... pins 11 thru 16 on the PLL were completely gone. Nothing there for traces. Had to "wire" in traces to make the radio work again. She works like a champ tho! I can post pics of the areas the OP needs when I get home from work.

~Cheers~

Here is a pic of the solder side of IC4 and IC5 as requested. IC4 is on the topside of the pic, IC5 is on the bottom. Don't mind the big blue capacitor in the pic, it's for a modification I installed. If you need any more pics, please let me know. Let us know how you get on.

IMG_20141021_225909_793_zpsvqcybpbm.jpg

~Cheers~

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Thank You, I think this is going to help me now, I'm ordering parts to get started on the rebuild of this once fine machine, I will let you know how I fair. Bob

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.