• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 148 GTL (old 1)/ uniden pc 122 price?

C

claymore

I know someone who is thinking about selling there old uniden pc-122 and cobra 148GTL (made in taiwan). I am wondering what would be an average price for each of these. Both are in good working order, the uniden is a bit rough in apperance, and the cobra looks new and was used only as a base station. I checked ebay, but... well i dont trust those prices. Anyone have a idea what one should ask... THANKs!

PC-122s go from 40 to 60 on Ebay ....plus shipping ...next to mint maybe a little more ? when you say older 148GTL ? Tiwan ? IM not sure if that was one of the first runs or not ? but only being used as a base must mean that 148 must look pretty darn good ? ....I would personally give 100.00 for a 1989 Phillipines made 148gtl in used good condition ...but that's just me ...they are basically the same as the Grant XLs and a model of the Cobra 2000 I do believe .....a lot can be done to the pll in those radios ...almost modded for 200 channels ...very nice audio and receive on those without a lot of work done to them ....about 100% audio is all that's needed or having the watts dropped down to run your favorite amp if need be ? ....PC-122s are pretty loud radios (no mic gain on them) you either have to change the chip in them or use a expo/galaxy type channel kit for extras ....Noise blankers are not the best on them either but will still work to a degree ....I personally think they are a better sideband radio then they are on AM but they will work well on both ....I think you would be much better off with the 148GTL claymore at a fair price ...I think they are a step up for sure from the little back pocket PC-122 ......good luck to you.

The OLD 148s were made in Taiwan (Good radios), then in the Phillipines (Better radios), then in Malasia (Good radios). Then Uniden stopped making them. Then they went to hell. If it has KEPC on the board, its one of the crappy models. Just hunt down the real deal and get a Uniden Grant XL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.