• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 148 gtl (oldschool) talkback?

SHOCKER

Sep 11, 2009
lompoc, ca
Ok I have been wanting to get talkback put into the radio and I cam across this...Adding talkback to your radio - and easy modification for beginners
Only problem is I dont want to have it super loud. Has anyone done this to their radio? If so how well did it work? I would like to be able to turn it up and down without having to cut wires. (like using the receive for variable talkback level)
Any info/ advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well I tried it today and it works :) It will have feedback if you run a powermic and it turned up high or you get too close to the radio. The external speaker still works so I just ran the speaker farther away from me and no squeal.

I have taken some pics, sorry about the quality they were taken with a camera phone, and the electrical tape was just temporary to keep the wired down while working. I also recorded the audio with my phone so you can hear what it sounds like. Not too bad for those who want talkback and forwhatever reason cant get the talkback board.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.JPG