• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 200 PLEASE DELETE!!!!

SKINNYDIPPER

Mar 14, 2006
ALAMOSA,CO.
:? For A LADY THAT TODAY CALLED ME AT THE SHACK... WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO CHANGE THE 200 TO THE 11 METER BAND FOR HIS OVER THE ROAD EMPLOYMENT...IS THIS INFO PRINTED OUT ANYWHERE I CAN COPY IT???
SKINNYDIPPER

FOLLOW UP

:LOL: Didn" mean to follow up but thought some might enjoy " THE REST OF THE STORY""
i gave the lady the print out fpr the COBRA 200.. She was so excited she decided that SHE will move the xsistor as specs called for.. Bought her own solder iron and solder and went to it.. Husband is an otr driver and she wanted it to be a surprise when he returned home... 2 days later she brought the radio back to me to look at.. She had destroyed the resistor w/ her new solder iron and messed up the board a bit.. Took me two days to convince her that she should send the radio to Cobras RECOMENDED REPAIR FACILITY... THAT IS WHERE THE RADIO IS NOW...WONDER IF SHE IS GOING TO COOK W/ THE NEW SOLDER IRON??? SKINNYDIPPER

that's quite the story there SD , I suppose she could use some credit for trying ? I would have more then likely just gave him the pretty new Cobra 200 and let him take it from there. You know what though ? they say women are the best hand solders on the planet , might be best to practice on something else rather then a brand new 10 meter radio in the beginning.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.