• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 2000 gtl ?

roadmaster

Aug 20, 2010
i recently bought a 2000 gtl will be here Monday, my ? is i'm looking at the two photos that were posted for the ad, i have seen other radios on other sites that when radio is on, the green led (recieve) is lit up and the am/lsb/usp is displayed, on the one i'm getting neither are on, the mic is not plug in so i don't know if that would effect the receive or not, but you would think the mode knob would have to show am/lsb/usb when radio is on right, the channel is lit up but that's it.... any help would be appreciated

I have a 2000 gtl also,,, i just went and unplugged my mic and both lights stayed on, most common problem with them lights not being on is burnt out bulbs, when i got mine the receive light was out as well as the am light replaced all with led bulbs and it works fine, if some one else knows of another reason as to what could cause these bulbs to not work when turned on please jump in , it would be a new one for me to learn as well,,,, hope this helps ,,,, Mark

cobra 2000 gtl

i did the same thing and the one on ebay your talking about is not showing the led (recieve) on either, i sent him a text to see if he could tell me if his are out, i think his mode for am was lit up though, oh well no big deal, there known for going out, i do thank you for your input 73"s to ya....

I have been curious about similar pictures being posted. I then began to realize that the flash on the camera's causes lights and indicators to appear looking odd when in fact nothing is wrong. Maybe similar ...

you might have something there, have experienced that myself taking my own pictures, well the mystery will be resolved tomorrow when i recieve the radio in the mail, LOL i do thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to reply to my thread.. 73's

cobra 2000 gtl

well received radio and the am and receive lights burnt out, also the needle for signal strength is stuck,(y) was on 3 when i got it, then a local driver keyed up and it jumped to the 9, where it stayed, so going to take it to the shop this weekend and get it fixed, i do want to personally thank caspear1978 for all his help, and also those of you who also replied, this is one of the better forums that I've been on.... thanks...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.