• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000gtl 6 position mod trouble

Bugle Boy

Oct 20, 2011
Hello I have a Cobra 2000 GTL that has the 6 position switch channel mod to the MB8719 I havent really used this radio much it has been packed away. We just moved and I decieded to power it up and show my young children the facebook of the past. When I took it out I noticed that whoever moved it pulled the wireds out of the switch, which is housed in an old microphone. I have the following problem The mod on mine appears to have 8V and ground and pins 10,11,12 involved, none of the mod schematics I have found use this layout for the 2000 the only one I have found uses 10,11,14, 9 and ground. I have fiquired out that 9 is my 8 volts on the schematic and ground is easy enough 10 and 11 no problem. Is there a differance in using 12 instead of 14. This worked in the past but I want to make sure I dont hook up the wrong wires to the wrong pin. I am being careful and not guessing and damage it.

dxChat
Help Users