• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 25 gtl echo board

sundance561

stay in school kids...
Nov 17, 2012
western pa.
I got this mint 25 gtl with a mofset tuned and want to install a br-1 echo board, the 3-wire simple install, but the mic on the inside has a little board where the mic jack is, do I wire it in to the same, 1-ground, and 2-audio, on the back of the board or is there something else I need to do to wire it up, I thank you for any input

do not know what you are calling a 3 wire simple hookup. you have one wire with 2 leads in it for input to the echo board and 1 wire for the output of the echo board and it also has 2 wires in it. then you have 2 more wires left over that goes to board ground and to 13.8 volts. so how are you saying 3 wire simple hookup.
not sure just how you are figuring out how to make it work properly. the 2 leads that have 2 wires in it go to the shield of the mic plug board and you remove the audio wire from the little board on the mic plug and solder one wire for output of the echo and 1 wire for input of the echo board. every way I look at it you have 6 wires to hookup to make the echo board to work.

you have to pull the audio wire from the plug board and hook the input of the echo to it, the place you pulled the original wire from for mic input, then you hook the other wire you pulled loose to the output of the echo board ,the shield wire you can hook all 3 up on the mic plug board.

do not know what you are calling a 3 wire simple hookup. you have one wire with 2 leads in it for input to the echo board and 1 wire for the output of the echo board and it also has 2 wires in it. then you have 2 more wires left over that goes to board ground and to 13.8 volts. so how are you saying 3 wire simple hookup.
not sure just how you are figuring out how to make it work properly. the 2 leads that have 2 wires in it go to the shield of the mic plug board and you remove the audio wire from the little board on the mic plug and solder one wire for output of the echo and 1 wire for input of the echo board. every way I look at it you have 6 wires to hookup to make the echo board to work.

you have to pull the audio wire from the plug board and hook the input of the echo to it, the place you pulled the original wire from for mic input, then you hook the other wire you pulled loose to the output of the echo board ,the shield wire you can hook all 3 up on the mic plug board.

Sonoma, there is an echo board on the market that has 3 wires....a 12 VDC, an audio, and a ground. It's different than the echo boards that hook inline with the mic jack but I have had one of these in the past and it worked fine.

Sundance, you can solder on the backside of the board where the pins are soldered to the board, if you wish. I have done this many times with excellent results.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.