• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 WX NW ST Lowering the Deadkey Question?

The only time it helps to have Cobra SoundTracker is when - and only when - the radio you are talking to also has Cobra SoundTracker. Both radios need to have compressor/expander circuits. That was loosecannon's point.

I have only owned one soundtracker (that I foolishly sold cheap because "they" said it was junk), and I thought the reduced noise with the soundtracker on was nice. A quieter receive is almost always good in my book, as it made no difference in hearing other stations. Now I wonder if the switch wasn't wire to a receive mod or something? Is it not normal to have a quieter receive with the soundcrapper on?

Reactions: JoeDirt
I have only owned one soundtracker (that I foolishly sold cheap because "they" said it was junk), and I thought the reduced noise with the soundtracker on was nice. A quieter receive is almost always good in my book, as it made no difference in hearing other stations. Now I wonder if the switch wasn't wire to a receive mod or something? Is it not normal to have a quieter receive with the soundcrapper on?
Its normal to have a quieter receive with it on. That was my point, you dont need two radios for it to work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.