• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 audio IC

Space Cadet said:
The new 29's use a different chip than the 7222 (I'm not sure the exact date this changed, sometime late last year I believe). IIRC it's something like YD1022 (not sure of the number, I can check Monday when I get to the shop). It is an altogether different chip, and currently there is little info on the net about it. Only source I have found for them is Cobra.

Anyone have a data sheet on them? Its strange they would change the board layout just for a new audio IC. I would have thought they would have found a sub thats more or less the same IC insted of something totally different.

I most likly won't see one up here for a little while yet.... it takes a while for newer stuff to reach Canada.

Anyhow... a data sheet would be cool to see.

Lesco eh?.........hmmm

Cobra sent me the datasheet in pdf, post or pm your email addy and I will pass it along. I believe it stems from the discontinuation of the 7222 (or at least that's the chatter on the inside).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.