• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 classic, led light really dim

wildbilly

Sep 20, 2005
hello i just bought a 29 classic off ebay , supposed to be new in the box , second one this year, well anyway , i pluged it in and you can hardly see the led for the channels and the meter doesnt light at all, lights are very dim , you can hardly see the numbers , well any help would be appreciated , its a real shame because theres not a scratch on it thxs alot

Hows the radio transmit and receive for starters ? Does the meter work even though the bulb is burned out ? blubs can be gotten at Rat Shack and very easily changed for pennys .....there's a bright dim switch on the radio ..even though your l.e.d.'s are low ,Does that switch work ?

cobra 29 classic,

when radio plugged in all you see is the green transmit light and your led really dim when you transmit everything goes out and the meter doesnt work either thxs for reply

Wow !! 3 weeks later ....So does it RX and TX Bill ? .....just not enough info for me to personally go on ...IM sorry about that .....what ever it is ? I doubt it's very serious ..Those 29s are Sherman tanks !! Would well be worth taking it to a local doctor.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.