• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 29 WHERE CAN I P/U 8 VOLTS FOR ECHO

anixon

Jun 11, 2006
nj
have a galxay echo board that is 8 volt. where in a cobra 29 can i find 8 volt on the transmit. so i can solder wire to. its the old echo board. if a resitor is needed what kind or size to use.
thanks
al

King Mudduck said:
Its nice to see that you are trying to do it right instead of hooking it to the first hot spot you can find. Very few take the time to do anything right any more. Hats off to you!

Would have been even better if he could use a VOM and read a schematic; he would not have to ask those questions!

paws264 said:
King Mudduck said:
Its nice to see that you are trying to do it right instead of hooking it to the first hot spot you can find. Very few take the time to do anything right any more. Hats off to you!

Would have been even better if he could use a VOM and read a schematic; he would not have to ask those questions!

I would also be nice if you weren't such a rude _____!!!!!

anixon said:
have a galxay echo board that is 8 volt. where in a cobra 29 can i find 8 volt on the transmit. so i can solder wire to. its the old echo board. if a resitor is needed what kind or size to use.
thanks
al

You can actually hook those to 12 volts or 13.8... any type of pre amp/ echo board will work as high as 15 volts. The main thing you will notice is the gain of the pre amp section of the echo board.... you will have alot more gain out of the pre amp. So you just have to watch where you have the gain vr set.

I've done it both ways.... 8 volt and 12 volt.. once the pre amp was sdet right there wasn't any difference. There isn't any problem running it off 12 volts. Some people will say that there is more distortion... this is usually due to the increase in gain of the pre amp. Once you set the pre amp right there isn't a difference.
If you can't find 8 volts you can always just jump in 12 volts right from the power input on the board ( after the filter choke is best). Just follow the power in from the back of the power plug... there will be what looks like a small transformer right were the pos power comes into the board... its a filter choke for filtering the input power... get the power from the other side.
Don't get me wrong... no problems with using 8 volts either... 12 volts or 13.8 is easy to find... and its clean power you can jump into without a problem

If your unsure of where to get good power from..... its always best to ask. Asking questions is what this forum is all about.

Take care and enjoy the echo board and extra audio power

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.