• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 89gtl

B

Bootlegger123

nomad and dr radio,,i have changed the spike diode,and the r48 and r47 i also made sure to put the beed back on,but still no power change however r48 with the beed smokes when i talk on it,what can that be? now when i did the changing it cured the mod problem(bein crackey and diss and fuzzy) but didnt change the power output but it did make it 100% louder what can i do about it smoking that r48 with the beed on it???and what about the power..im gonna look at my other post and check that resistor that you said could have been changed to prevent it from swinging..but let me know radio sounded loud untill it smoked the resistor,,i want to get it running.....

thanks

Bootlegger
pimp.gif

</p>

nomad and dr radio,,i have changed the spike diode,and the r48 and r47 i also made sure to put the beed back on,but still no power change however r48 with the beed smokes when i talk on it,what can that be? now when i did the changing it cured the mod problem(bein crackey and diss and fuzzy) but didnt change the power output but it did make it 100% louder what can i do about it smoking that r48 with the beed on it???and what about the power..im gonna look at my other post and check that resistor that you said could have been changed to prevent it from swinging..but let me know radio sounded loud untill it smoked the resistor,,i want to get it running.....

thanks

Bootlegger
pimp.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.