• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra HH-45WX channel mods

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
While channel mods are nothing new on the HH45 they leave much unpublished.

For 120 channels, 40 above and 40 below the regular US 40 channels, solder a bridge across "A" (note, there are no special button sequence to access the expanded channels, they are selected by pressing up/down buttons until you go above ch.40 or below ch.1.

For EU/CEPT, 80 channels, solder bridges across both "A" and "B" (note ch.1-40 are same as US channels, channels 41-80 are below US ch.1)

For UK 27/81, 40 channels with pecular 1.25khz offest, 27.60125-27.99125Mhz, solder bridge across "B".

In both EU/CEPT and UK mode, an "FM" icon will display on some or all the channels. THIS MOD DOES NOT MAKE THE RADIO TRANSMIT OR RECEIVE FREQUENCY MODULATION, it just makes "FM" icon display on the LCD.

After modification the processor must be reset, simply short C506, a pair of tweezers or piece of wire work nicely for this.

thanks to Defpom for the picture of PCB and for having the 120 ch mod first.

Attachments

• cobra45wxmod.jpg
    cobra45wxmod.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: NZ8N

Thanks for the update on that one. Years ago when I sent the info to Depfom, wasn't aware of the various CB standards around the world.

Since I couldn't find a service manual, I marked the pot next to the audio transformer, and took a shot. Yea, that's the modulation adjustment.

Last edited:
It's been 11 years but I found another cool trick. Make it 120 channels, go down to channel 40L, hold the down button, keep holding and it will soon skip 10 channels at a time. Keep holding it down, and suddenly it shows 80 channels high and low. Use your video game skills to stop it on channel 80H. You are now at 28 something Mhz. Save this channel to a memory then go up 8 times. Channel 88 it stops, at like 28.315 if memory serves correctly. Go down to the low 80 channels, and use the upper ch.40-60 to get the alpha or RC channels like 27.195. If you really want a tricked out cobra or midland it works with standard cnb-152 liion batteries with the drop in charger, mics too, but unless you get a steal on those there are better options for the $$$

It's been 11 years but I found another cool trick. Make it 120 channels, go down to channel 40L, hold the down button, keep holding and it will soon skip 10 channels at a time. Keep holding it down, and suddenly it shows 80 channels high and low. Use your video game skills to stop it on channel 80H. You are now at 28 something Mhz. Save this channel to a memory then go up 8 times. Channel 88 it stops, at like 28.315 if memory serves correctly. Go down to the low 80 channels, and use the upper ch.40-60 to get the alpha or RC channels like 27.195. If you really want a tricked out cobra or midland it works with standard cnb-152 liion batteries with the drop in charger, mics too, but unless you get a steal on those there are better options for the $$$
Hello, I'm from Mexico, greetings, I have a cobra 45wxst that I would like to get extra channels from, but I can't really find the pins for the bridge on the PC, could you help me, I would really appreciate it, thank you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated