• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra HH45WX - 120 Channel Handheld

wcsd106

Nov 19, 2009
Tonight I listed a Cobra 45wx Handheld CB Radio on Ebay. This has had the channel modification performed and now has the normal 40 channels, plus 40 upper channels, and 40 lower channels. Frequency coverage is around 26.515-27.855MHz and is inline with the export bands.

The original antenna has been replaced with a brand new twinpoint tunable duck. I did see a decent increase in range with the larger antenna.

It's not new, but it is 100% functional. I bought a bunch of these several years ago when I had my shop open and am down to the remaining couple of them. This one was part of my personal collection I had stowed away.

Starting bid is $0.99 and will sell regardless of price. No reserve auction and winning bidder takes it.

Cobra HH45WX Handheld CB Radio Expo Kit Channels 45 WX - eBay (item 250734610793 end time Dec-05-10 20:29:44 PST)

I have a WX model Cobra handheld but I cant remember what model. Thats kind of cool there is a channel mod for this particular radio.

Tony,

The HH45WX as well as the midland counterpart... i think the 75-822 or something similiar both take a channel modification.

A few years ago when I had a shop open I came across a good deal on a bunch of these. I picked them up and they were an instant hit with the hunters around this area. Most of them were using Superstar radios and using the low channels to talk mobile to mobile. When I showed them that a handheld could work on the same channel they bought them up.

I kept a couple of them put away for use when I go hunting or to give to friends without radios when we're traveling in multiple cars.

That is pretty slick!! I also saved handhelds for those without a radio when traveling but mine are straight 40 and you know how this can be :eek:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.