• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra Uniden mods very kewl

hi all,

these radios are built by members of our little yahoo group called "the mod".

here are some pics of a custom 148gtl that i built with this mod, and a 5 digit freq. counter.
100_0644.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_0656.jpg

here is a pic of my 2000gtl with one of the original handwired mods in it:
100_0035.jpg

this is the same 2000GTL with white LED's and a custom band switch made from the power switch of another 2000GTL. (its in the old AUX location)
whiteLEDs1.jpg

we just like messing with this chassis, trying to push the boundaries of what can be done with them.
have fun!
LC

some nice equiment there.i gotta local with a cobra2000 with the higher channels only
there on a toggle switch on on front phone jack.also the dual clarifer was taken out
and 1 big knob replaced it with a 10turn clarifer it will go from 27.4150 up to 28?
using the 10 turn claifer it doesnt miss a single channel.most radio ive seen miss channels and jump around but his dont ever see anything like this one.

yeah, this mod is just a bit more complicated.LOL

it goes from 26.175 (ch.-79) to 28.085 (ch.108) and does not skip any channels.
as you can see in the pics, it reads out the A channels.

its not for everybody, as there are cheaper ways of getting all those channels, and some dont have a need for that many, but to us die hard 8719 fans, we gotta have it.

oh yeah, presently, its only available for the MB8719 chassis.
(cobra 148/142/2000gtl etc...)

later all,
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.