• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Communications Service Monitor

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi gang, with the mentions of O scopes in radio work lately, some may not know that it is actually a instrument called a Communications Service Monitor that is the be-all, do-all one piece unit that pro techs use to work on radios. And I'm not talking about "Billy Bob's CB Shack" down the street....although he might actually have and use one....I'm talking professional commercial radio techs.

There are many makes & models, and occasionally a deal can be had on a good used unit on ebay ect....

Cushman is a popular make and there are quite a variety of makes and models out there. Here is just one example.

MARCONI COMMUNICATION TEST 2955 + 2957D SERVICE MONITOR - eBay (item 270331117950 end time Jan-22-09 18:13:42 PST)http://cgi.ebay.com/MARCONI-COMMUNI...oryZ3308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Well when I looked at the price I thought that is a little more than I want to spend on my hobby. That thing looks quite complicated and would take awhile to learn how to use. And a $900 who says its even calibrated. I p/u my o'scope,freq counter, watt meter and all else for less than $500 and they wer brand new. The freq generator was used and so are a couple other freq counters I used, but the only thing I need is a sinaad.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.