• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Computer causing T.V.I.......

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
My son's PC is making a mess of the TV, which is just in the other room, about 10'.

On the dish there is no problem, only on 2 channels when on the TV antenna does it effect it. Been wondering about running a ground out to a rod. It also effects some freq.'s on my radio, both inside and outside in the mobile.

Any idea's?

--------------------

DXman

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dxman@worldwidecbradioclub>DXman</A> at: 8/15/03 9:07 pm

My son's PC is making a mess of the TV, which is just in the other room, about 10'.

On the dish there is no problem, only on 2 channels when on the TV antenna does it effect it. Been wondering about running a ground out to a rod. It also effects some freq.'s on my radio, both inside and outside in the mobile.

Any idea's?

--------------------

DXman

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dxman@worldwidecbradioclub>DXman</A> at: 8/15/03 9:07 pm

Re: Computer causing T.V.......

Is this a new computer? Also, does he have any special cards installed in it? Is he doing anything special when the TV goes berserk? (a certain game, printing, scanning, etc.). I know some of the video card put out a bit of RF, but I haven't heard of it causing problems with a TV in the other room. Give us some more info, and I'll also look in my RFI book to see what it may be.

Moleculo

</p>

Is this a new computer? Also, does he have any special cards installed in it? Is he doing anything special when the TV goes berserk? (a certain game, printing, scanning, etc.). I know some of the video card put out a bit of RF, but I haven't heard of it causing problems with a TV in the other room. Give us some more info, and I'll also look in my RFI book to see what it may be.

Moleculo

</p>

Hey DX Man, how about if you turn just the monitor off?

I had a PC that was causing RFI to my radio and found that was not the PC itself, but the monitor....I can`t remember the brand now, it did not stay around here long after i figured out that was causing the RFI.

Jeff

CDX 339 Radioactive

ATOMIC.gif

nasa_latest_eit_171_thumbnail.gif

YAESU_150w.jpg
</p>

Hey DX Man, how about if you turn just the monitor off?

I had a PC that was causing RFI to my radio and found that was not the PC itself, but the monitor....I can`t remember the brand now, it did not stay around here long after i figured out that was causing the RFI.

Jeff

CDX 339 Radioactive

ATOMIC.gif

nasa_latest_eit_171_thumbnail.gif

YAESU_150w.jpg
</p>

More likely a poorly built power supply in the case. Have you tried any rf filters on the power cord to the wall at all Larry? I've bought cheap power supplys for my pc's when I was building and there is a difference.

Just a suggestion.

You might have to put quite a few on there.

CDX-350

2AK3350

1698707.jpg
</p>

More likely a poorly built power supply in the case. Have you tried any rf filters on the power cord to the wall at all Larry? I've bought cheap power supplys for my pc's when I was building and there is a difference.

Just a suggestion.

You might have to put quite a few on there.

CDX-350

2AK3350

1698707.jpg
</p>

If it's coming through the power line, Radio Shack sells some power strips with a built-in RF 50db (or thereabout) attenuator. I bought a few of them to get the HF signal out of my electrical system. It worked good.

Moleculo

</p>

If it's coming through the power line, Radio Shack sells some power strips with a built-in RF 50db (or thereabout) attenuator. I bought a few of them to get the HF signal out of my electrical system. It worked good.

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.