• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 4400hp talkback volume

fnkycoldmedina

May 18, 2005
pa
got a 4400hp torn apart here .complaint is talkback too loud .its has a variable with a resistor on it .the resistor is a 1/8th watt looks like in colors GOLD,RED,BLUE,GREEN.i want to cut this talkback in half .what resistor should i put in its place???
i,ll do some looking around at charts but might get a educated answer here faster .thanks.

Open the solder side of the radio and look for a 1M ohm resistor near the audio chip and remove it this should reduce the volume level of the Talkback. This procedure only works if the radio has had the talkback level increced for the owner, also before doing this what kind of microphone are you using on the radio?

GOLD,RED,BLUE,GREEN.

You're reading it backwards. 5.6 kohm.
Resistor Calculator

2w3okt5.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.