• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex CX-3300 removal of band switch/10 kHz switch

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
I may be the first that's ever thought of this.....

But while a Connex CX-3300 can go on 10 meters, it's pretty much useless on anything but 11 meters. That said I plan to take a Connex CX-3300 and make it to where it cannot transmit anywhere but on the 40 channel citizens band.

Does anyone know off hand which wires I need to cut and solder together so I can remove the band switch and the 10 kHz switch?

Here is a thought . . .

Maybe you are right. You have the wrong radio. Before you hack it all up, why not sell the thing as it is - to someone else that wants it - as it is. Take the money from that and get another radio. Otherwise, you might end up screwing that radio up and it will be worthless to you or to anybody else.

Ok Robb.....I understand your point. I dont see how what.I had planned.would screw up the radio other than it would prevent accidental intrusion on the 10 meter band. Its really the way all exports should be set up.

Also because I had plans to make this radio into a travel radio and add a few extra features to the radio. But then again if someone offers the.right price, I would sell.

I may be the first that's ever thought of this.....

But while a Connex CX-3300 can go on 10 meters, it's pretty much useless on anything but 11 meters. That said I plan to take a Connex CX-3300 and make it to where it cannot transmit anywhere but on the 40 channel citizens band.

Does anyone know off hand which wires I need to cut and solder together so I can remove the band switch and the 10 kHz switch?

Coming from you I believe you are actually asking that question for some crazy reason.......if I ever asked that question it would be time for me to get a pet scan of my brain.

Coming from you I believe you are actually asking that question for some crazy reason.......if I ever asked that question it would be time for me to get a pet scan of my brain.

Yeah maybe for you. Then again I guess I was wrong to ask the crowd that.is all for freebanding. :oops:

TURBO -

I can't believe you want to do this

First off thanks for the info.

And for those scratching their heads, the reason I asked about doing this mod, is because more than 1 time I have knocked this radio off of the citizens band and on to some other frequency and was transmitting before I knew about being off frequency. I don't have a freq meter and didn't want to go thru adding one because my sole intention was to run this radio on the citizens band only and use it as a travel radio. Plus I was thinking about removing the band switch and using the open area to install another switch to run something else.

If I truly want to ever free band, I have another radio that has a freq meter, sideband and FM capabilities.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.