• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CONVERSION SKELTON 150 to ssb

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Anyone know or can this skeleton 150 am amp be converted to operate on ssb easily or not?

thanks

doctor :(

I think that is a class c 1 pill, a MRF 455, or some of the later ones had 2290`s in them i think.
You could add a delay to it but not sure how it is going to sound on SSB.

Jeff

Howdy Doc , look inside the box , It's made by Texas Star , it might have 2 x 2290s in it , I had one that did, Jeff might be right as well , let us know. But one thing is for sure , it is Class C AM for the most part ,it might work on SSB (have you tried it there ?) even though it is class C , it can still work but it isn't the best of situations concerning audio on SSB in Class C , but it still could work. But the amp would work very well on the AM side of your PC 122 , that much I do know. :) If your looking for a SSB compatable small amp in the future new or used , I might be able to come up with something for you if need be.

amp

Ill check it out, yep if you come up with something let me know, trade plus some bucks ok with me..to tell you the truth I detest am to many bozo's on, that why I stick with ssb.

doctor :shock:

Did you ever end up doing anything with this amp?
Like adding in the delay?

Its a class c amp so I'm not sure if you would want to use something like that on ssb since you are a serious ssb'er. You might end up adding in a delay and a bias circuit to get that amp sounding a little better.

Just curious if you did anything with this amp yet, what you did with it, and how its sounding.

Take care

amp

Actually I never did anything with it, I in fact picked it up today from a friend, and he has used it on ssb, said it worked fine, it probably isn't the best sounding, but it is shall we say a standby amp anyhow.
Thanks for asking

doctor

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.