• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cophase scanner antenna mobile.

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Got two antennas on a truck (Dodge sprinter), and need to run both antennas on one scanner. One antenna is a 30megz - 200megz the second antenna is a 300 - 900megz. The driver wants to use both antenna for RX BCD996XT so can I install a T adapter ?

Can you connect those two antennas with a 'T'? Yes, you can. It will not amount to a 'co-phased' antenna system, that means something entirely different.
There will be some differences which may or may not be beneficial, or an 'improvement' in using separate antennas. Try it and see? Shouldn't hurt anything except reception...
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
It's just a receiver. Go for it. Some frequencies may work better with just one antenna or the other rather than both at the same time but think about a fan dipole for HF. Same idea, more than one antenna in parallel.

Reactions: 1 person
It's just a receiver. Go for it. Some frequencies may work better with just one antenna or the other rather than both at the same time but think about a fan dipole for HF. Same idea, more than one antenna in parallel.

That's what I was thinking "fan dipole". Went ahead and installed the T inline. I know its not co-phase but, didn't know what else to "label" the idea. I'll report back what the outcome is later on this week. IMHO one antenna would work but they want to use both antennas.

That's what I was thinking "fan dipole". Went ahead and installed the T inline. I know its not co-phase but, didn't know what else to "label" the idea. I'll report back what the outcome is later on this week. IMHO one antenna would work but they want to use both antennas.

It's not phased either. :bdh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.