• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Courier Conqueror 2 off frequency

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I have a courier conqueror 2 that was given to me when I key up it is off frequency 27.165 will be 27.161 all other channels off the same. I have a freq counter but do not know what to adjust to bring it back on frequency any help will be appreciated. Thank You Jimbo165

yeah, i would have just told you the adjustment if i had the info, but i could not find it.

that SAMS will prove much more valuable anyway.

that is a nice radio, but they are very old by now, and it should be re-capped.

look in the SAMS when you get it, in the parts list section, and it will list all of the electrolytic capacitors in the radio.

use that list to buy the caps you need from a place like mouser electronics.

make sure that the caps are all rated for 25 volts or more.
(hint: you will find that the small value ones like from 1 to 10 uF are cheaper if you buy them at 50 or 100 volt ratings)

simply unsolder the old cap, and put the new one of the same value in its place, making sure to get the polarity right.

after doing this you will notice an immediate improvement in your radio's operation.

you should have an alignment done after replacing the caps.
LC

The frequencies in this radio are synthesized by a 6-4-2 crystal arrangement. There is no frequency adjustment. You did not say if it's off freq only on transmit, or receive , or both. If it's transmit only, check crystal X-C and its circuitry for proper freq (11.275mhz). Receive only, check X-D (11.730) and rhe delta tune circuit. For both, check the delta tune circuit. Someone may have modified it to work on transmit as well as receive. Good luck and 73s.

Last edited:
Off frequency

Well thanks I got it working thanks to your input and a Sams book. My misstake also at start of post it is a Courier Centurion not a conqueror but I ordered correct Sams book found where to adjust it and found out that adjustment pot was bad replaced it and then keyed up radio adjusted pot to get it on frequency and now the people say it sounds great. No one on here to check out sideband but will as soon as I can. Thats again for your input and comments they are always a great help to me. Thanks Jimbo165

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.