• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRAZY IDEA

161, I have not been a part of this discussion, but I watched it develop and you are off track in your final remarks. You introduced this idea as "Crazy," and then when the guys making suggestions that tended to agree with your own---original thoughts about the likely possibilities of your idea, you take exception to their comments. Then you accuse these fellow posters and the forum of being shallow and petty. This forum does have its distractions, but these particular guys do not generate those negatives and you are being unfair.

Would you rather your enthusiasm drive you to spend a lot of time, money, and effort only to realize that your original idea “was crazy” based on your description and that what you learned here was correct?

Check out this link for an easy and reasonable idea for your 20 meter work. If that sound reasonable, then do a Google on some key words concerning your idea. It will not give you the ability to rotate, but maybe you can use your smarts to figure that one out. There are some other successful ideas (wires) on the Internet that would not be expensive or difficult to design and construct. The technical difficulties with scaling a rotate able multi-element beam would be a serious challenge even if you were going from 11 meters to 10 meters.

http://grumpy.proboards11.com/index.cgi?board=ham&action=display&thread=3110

Last edited:
I checked out the link. Cool easy antenna. If I've offended anyone I'm sorry. I guess I am out of line. Marconi your post was well written and made me think.

Marconi your post was well written and made me think.

That was the best solution we could hope for.

Finding out things with some help is fun
If it works, even better ;)

'161',
Let me say this about that...
I wouldn't let it bother you much, it's not like any of us are 'perfect' (except me, of course), you know. A lot of the people here have gone through about the same thing at times (except me, I'm 'perfect' you know). A lot of times 'we' know stuff about stuff simply because we've made that mistake before, some of us more than once (except me, of course).
One tip-off is that if someone happens to contradict something you really think is 'right', there's usually one of two reasons. They've made that mistake before, or they are just lucky in making guesses. Unfortunately, some of us aren't all that 'lucky', so you can sort of figure if they know what's gonna happen, then they've done the same @#$ thing at some point (except me, I'm 'perfect' you know)....
- 'Doc

[If it's in parentheses it's usually B.S. (except for for when I say it cuz I'm perfect you know).]

No trees were harmed in making this post!

That's a perfect reply Doc. (y) Then again I would expect nothing less from the perfect one himself. :love:

Oh BTW,a man once told me that there was only ever one man on this earth that was perfect. They nailed him to a cross to die. Best keep looking over your shoulder. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.