• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CuddeBike Build

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
I brought the CuddeBike III project home and planned on completing it. Wanting to make it a bit more solid was the main objective, and I've done so - adding additional screws here 'n there.

Still looking for stuff to make a rear wheel, some more rusty tin cans for additional components, also some old foam and ripped up Naugahyde for the seat, but for now, this is how it sits:

Bike.JPG

Bike.2JPG.jpg

Bike1.JPG

It WILL be ready in time to display at Burning Ham IV ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Well, thanks to my brother letting me know there was an estate sale a few blocks away from home, CuddeBike has a tank-mounted shift lever, and rear suspension now (an old garage door spring that I cut down).

CuddeBike 5-4-14.JPG

I think I'll use the remainder of the spring for front fork springs :tongue:

It's a lot more solid now as well as having a better design than the original concept (if you remember what it looked like back when)

CB CuddeBIKE.JPG

Last edited:
... and today (Cinco de Mayo), I cut the remainder of the garage door spring and gave Cuddebike front suspension (well not really, it's just cosmetic) :tongue:

... also, added a front down tube, re-laced the front wheel (to center it better) and added a headlight (from an old Malibu light kit).

CuddeBikeA 5-5-14.JPG

CuddeBikeB 5-5-14.JPG

I really need to find a totally destroyed rear tire to match the front - I think that's going to be the longest pole in the tent :glare:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.