• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A pdx-400.....how do you run this thing?

BenDare2

Apr 5, 2005
over the hill....
On this PDX400... it's a 10 tuber/ 4 pushing 6.......tubes test close to 100%.

.....#1....the meter says only 'd&a' on it...what does the meter do and what type of meter is it? It's scaled 2-4-6-8-1?(not a typo)

#2......on the front there's a toggle switch that says 'xtal'...what does that mean and what would that switch do?

#3......on the back there's 2 small posts?.....one is a pot and says 'key'....what does that do?.....and is the other just a cabinet ground lug?

I just want to make sure I don't screw with something that I don't know what it does!!..........we're getting about 400/500 swing with a cobra 25 .....deadkeying 4/ swing about 22 watts into the d&a.......we're gonna change radios for a 99 that swings about 35......should help some....

But, first maybe some of these unknown switches can help fine tune this thing.......what sayest thou?

Really need your help..........thanks.........Ol'Ben

Picture is here.......... page.auctions.shopping.ya...cview=0x13

-------------------------

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip!</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bendare2>BenDare2</A> at: 10/9/03 3:07 pm

Tricky, pretty slick moves there.

clublincoln.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?