• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D104 w/amp but no E/R switch

W1EMQ

Aug 3, 2009
Any one have a wiring diagram for D104 with pre-amp but with no E/R switch? All of the specs I've downloaded show this slide switch. Mine does not have one and I need to check the wiring layout of my old mic. Years ago I did a mod but I cannot now recall what or why. PTT works but no audio to Drake TR4 with new battery.
Chuck Kershner W1EMQ

Any one have a wiring diagram for D104 with pre-amp but with no E/R switch? All of the specs I've downloaded show this slide switch. Mine does not have one and I need to check the wiring layout of my old mic. Years ago I did a mod but I cannot now recall what or why. PTT works but no audio to Drake TR4 with new battery.
Chuck Kershner W1EMQ

You must have a TUP9 stand then with six wires. Go to this link and see if it will shine some light on the subject.

BAROVELLI.COM SIGNALS - Astatic Microphone Schematics

BC

the tug-8 is the 4 and the 9 is the 6 wire

High side of audio goes to ring
Hot side of push to talk switch goes to tip
Ground side of audio and return side of push to talk switch goes to barrell.

This is the same configuration as collins. Unless some one has done something to change your TR4 this should work.

Chuck Kershner W1EMQ
What you have is a TUG-9 D104. Uses a 5 wire plus shield cord. TUG-8 D104 uses a 4 wire cord with the switch you're talking about. TUP-9 D104 has the push bar in the base and the circuit board houses the leaf contacts instead of them being in the neck like the TUG8 & TUG9.

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.