• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

d104 wireing problems

Apr 30, 2009
i am trying to wire a d104 to an cobra 142 gtl, with no luck. i have been told that the wires go on 1. white, 2. shield, 3. black, 4. blue, 5. red, and 6. yellow n/c. is this right??? it recieves, but no transmit.
the mic has a black base, then crome, and the head is black. also on the bottom is swicthes for ets, pad and vox......what are these??? it takes a 9 volt battery also. thank you

Your wiring appears to be correct. The ETS switch turns on/off the roger beep. The Pad switch is a 20dB audio attenuation. The VOX switch is used for VOX (hands free) operation. I have seen the black/chrome models commonly referred to as a "D104 Special" but don't know if that's the official name or not.

When you say it doesn't transmit do you mean it keys the radio but no audio output, or that it doesn't key the radio?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio