• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dentron clipperton l meter

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Got the clipperton l today. I feel like a dummy asking this. The meter does not appear to be the original one for the amp? From others i have looked at. Witch one is voltage plate? I want to make sure i tune it the right way. t/y

Last edited:

Not sure i understand? What readings should i be looking for on the meter in vp and ip I am only asking because the meter has been changed. Or can i just tune and load it for max output in cw mode?

Not sure i understand? What readings should i be looking for on the meter in vp and ip I am only asking because the meter has been changed. Or can i just tune and load it for max output in cw
mode?

In stand by, Ep (Plate voltage should be high and Ip should be low to zero)

In Transmit, the Ep will dip a little while the Ip will increast at a higher rate.

Top scale is amps 0-1.5

Mid scale is volts 0-3000

Bottom scale looks like grid current.

The selector switch in on the front panel controls which flavor you read.

I have not seen that type meter or one with grid current in these amps before. If it works it's an improvement over the earlier stuff.

Thank you guys for the help. I was very unsure how to tune it with that meter. Not knowing were on the meter to find vp and ip readings. I have the manual. I didn't think it was the original meter. Did not want to power it up untill i knew for sure how to read the meter. To bad i couldn't just tune and load the amp into a watt meter? But that would be to easy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.