• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

difficulty tuning maco 5/8???

DRM1983

Jul 12, 2005
what is to expect from this antenna???

bandwidth????ease of tuning???

i'd like to have something that is tunable unlike the a99/imax style base antennas...

any suggestions of vertical antennas under $100????

The Maco is easy to tune, but like anything that is great, you have to put a little effort into it.

If you are not willing to do that, or to spend a few bucks to get something worthwhile, then you should run an A-99 and be happy with the results of your labor.

for 100.00 bucks ,I doubt you will do much better then the Maco Alpha V-5/8 , just build it by the instructions , chances are you'll have to shorten it after you get it together , they say best from the top , but I have done it from the bottom without any problems. It's surely a antenna to be proud of , and building it yourself kind of puts your own soul into the thing. Have fun ! :D OH Yeah , they work very well to say the least.

Switch Kit said:
they say best from the top , but I have done it from the bottom without any problems.
They, as in Maco, say to adjust the antenna from the bottom.

I always adjust mine at the top in order to maintain at least a 6" overlap for the thin .049" tubing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.