• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digiscan

wcsd106

Nov 19, 2009
I got a pretty good deal over at the auction site yesterday evening. Picked up an old President Washington (858 Chassis) in good working order. It also came with a desk mic and a digiscan.

I've toyed with the idea of trying to find a digiscan for many years... Never have bought one though.

The guy selling the radio stated he was going to put the digiscan in the washington but never got around to it.

I've pulled the manuals over at another site and have been reading through them. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so that I can get the thing installed the day it all arrives.

Anyone ever installed a digiscan in an 858 SSB chassis?

Okay, thanks.
To the best of my knowledge, all but three radios I've ever had have had a 'VFO' in them. I even built one once! If it works, and if that's what you want, then why not.
- 'Doc

Yeah the digiscan boxes are awesome. Had one in the early 80's on a President Adams SSB mobile. Went from 26.000~28.000 straight thru. Killer item.

I got a pretty good deal over at the auction site yesterday evening. Picked up an old President Washington (858 Chassis) in good working order. It also came with a desk mic and a digiscan.

I've toyed with the idea of trying to find a digiscan for many years... Never have bought one though.

The guy selling the radio stated he was going to put the digiscan in the washington but never got around to it.

I've pulled the manuals over at another site and have been reading through them. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so that I can get the thing installed the day it all arrives.

Anyone ever installed a digiscan in an 858 SSB chassis?

if it is a the UFO digiscan (there are three models of digiscan)
the difference with the UFO digiscan is that it will scan every 5 kc's
the other two scan every 10 kc'c the same as any cb.

I have one, and the instruction and owners manual, if you have the same one I'll be happy to make a copy and send it to you

let me know
Clint

Attachments

• ufo specs.jpg
    ufo specs.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Thanks for all the help I received in this thread.

The radio and digiscan RDS-1 came in Monday but today was the first chance I had to mess with it.

Installing the digiscan was simple to say the least. Now the radio covers 26.085-28.045 with no skips.

I couldn't get the vco to lock below 26.085 or so, but I'm not worried about it.. That still leaves plenty of channels to play around.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.