• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dodge Durango

i have a wilson 5000 mag on our darango would like to put up a monky made or a 10 k but im not drilling hole in the roof

make sure that you ground the hatch and the hood other wise forget trying to get a good SWR

I really like those Durango's !! There's so many different ways you can go 505 , it also depends on what you want out of all of it ? You plan on running power ? or is this just for camping or local stuff ? Do you want to drill the hole ? (which is the best way to go ) or use a magmount ? You can pretty much get the best of both worlds with a Wilson 1000/5000 ,weather you drill the hole or not , they make one of the best magmounts in the business. I honestly can't reccomend much to you without knowing a little more about what your plans are 505 ?? Welcome to the Forum

For 95% of the people out here, the Wilson 1000 is the best way to go! If you are running bigger power, then the Wilson 5000.

The Wilson antennas are removable which makes it nice when you have to go into parking structures. While base loaded, it still performs very well! I talk to everyone I hear with mine!

I won't argue that the P-10K is a better antenna, but it requires more effort on your end to get it installed correctly.

Monkey Made antennas are HEAVY and not recommended.

So, are you part of the 95% or the 5%?

"I won't argue that the P-10K is a better antenna, but it requires more effort on your end to get it installed correctly" :D

havent really 100% decided on power, but if I do my TX Star is only a 300watt. I was trying to think of a way to mount a ant. without having it on the roof. I saw a tahoe, and his/her was mounted off the tow hitch, but off to the side not directly behind the truck. I wish he/she would have stoped. when and if i get something done i will post pics.

Do a search on"Mobile Antenna Mounts" on your PC , you'll find a lot of them out there that might give you a better idea , you can pretty much mount a antenna anywhere you want 505 as long as the antenna connects to a fairly good ground even then you can add ground straps if need be. It doesn't have to be rocket science 505 , IM sure once you figure out a spot for your antenna that it will more then likely work out just fine for you. A little patience can go a long way. Here's a very good artical you might find to your liking. Good luck to you. All about antenna's and then some (-:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.