• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dodge ramcharger

R

redwing21

i just got a 12pil davemade used and i'm gona install it in my dodge ramcharger . the box is a 1x2x12 so my cobra 25 and wilson 5000 will work great with it but right now i'm using 5 red top optimas do they make bigger alternaor for this trick like a 200amp one i dont really wanna run dual alts like i see on vehicals on othe web sites

redwing21 said:
i just got a 12pil davemade used and i'm gona install it in my dodge ramcharger . the box is a 1x2x12 so my cobra 25 and wilson 5000 will work great with it but right now i'm using 5 red top optimas do they make bigger alternaor for this trick like a 200amp one i dont really wanna run dual alts like i see on vehicals on othe web sites

where did you get that box? you will not be able to run it
off the trucks charging system. you will need a seperate
system to run that box.

i got the box at a keydown in washington state so i guess i'm gona have to make brakets and install another alt

tnx for the help

yes that and about 7 12v batteries for the alt to charge into...
reason why i say 7 is 1 12v battery per every 2 pills...
to fix the voltage drop problem...

its a 1-2290 driving 2-2879's driving 12-2879's???
All in 1 case??
WOW ...you might have problems getting that amp
to work correctly...
Reason being is the 1x2 for an internal driver is too much...
the 1-pill might have to be disconnected..to have the 2x12
run correctly....

Its just a possibility is all...

AM POWER

AMPOWER said:
yes that and about 7 12v batteries for the alt to charge into...
reason why i say 7 is 1 12v battery per every 2 pills...
to fix the voltage drop problem...

its a 1-2290 driving 2-2879's driving 12-2879's???
All in 1 case??
WOW ...you might have problems getting that amp
to work correctly...
Reason being is the 1x2 for an internal driver is too much...
the 1-pill might have to be disconnected..to have the 2x12
run correctly....

Its just a possibility is all...

AM POWER

WHY WOULD HE NEED 7 BATTERIES IF he has a alternator or 2 big enough to run the amp? Batteryies are storage devices, good if he wants to talk with his truck turned off.

alternator

what if i ran one lecce neville i hear they come 240 amp and u can get a upgrade to make them do more ig i adde d that and my 5 optima that would work

Making that 12pill fly

Get a motormaul and 4 bus batteries to run the amp.
Get the factory 120amp alternator for about $100.00 to run your truck(advance auto, autozone,etc.).
Make sure you have very low reflect, then go out and put that maul down.

Hitman 043

Re: alternator

redwing21 said:
what if i ran one lecce neville i hear they come 240 amp and u can get a upgrade to make them do more ig i adde d that and my 5 optima that would work

They make 'em bigger than that from the factory.

I think 325 is the biggest 14V with a Leece Neville label, but it's not as common as the 320. The 270 is pretty common as well....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.