• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DV27W as a base antenna

H

hossless

Hey Cav203k, I no this sounds unlikely, and maybe it wouldn't be feasible in your circumstance. But while trucking through Terre Haute, IN one afternoon a local broke for a radio check. We went to another channel and did some talking. This guy had a, I think it was a Wilson 5000 or 1000 mag mount mounted on his roof, right on the metal flashing around the chimney. He was transmitting and receiving very well, not to mention the antenna was almost invisible. He was barefoot and we talked for many miles.

Just a thought, Hossless

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://b2.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hossless>hossless</A> at: 4/11/04 5:34 pm

I live in an area where it would be impossible to erect a 1/2 or 5/8 wave diapole so was considering putting a DV27W in the attic (roof is concrete tiled & also a brick end wall at each side of the roof [gable end]) .

I know having the antenna in the attic is far from ideal but would I see any benefit from the 5/8 DV27W over a 1/4 mobile antenna in these circumstances?

Thanks

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.