• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX Contest to Celebrate Repeal of 250KM Limitation

Rick330man

WDX 404
Mar 16, 2013
Florida Keys
The repeal of the 250km limit was long overdue. Should there be a U.S. 11 meter/CB DX contest to celebrate and honor this historic achievement? Maybe over the 4th of July week-end?

Just a thought.

I like the legal power idea, but then I've always tried to run a stock radio with a good mic (Turner +2 or +3) and a decent antenna. We we could add points for audio quality while deducting points for lousy audio and/or spurious emissions.

My LSB 16 suggestion did not become part of the Dx contest set up for next week-end, so my suggestion is that we try tomorrow, Sunday, June 11th to revive LSB 16. This way we won't be competing with the Dx contest later in the week. To make the effort more likely to result in contacts, I'd say we try four different specific rounds: 9:00A.M. eastern; 1:00P.M eastern; 5:00P.M. eastern and 9:00P.M This should provide for some different opportunities given differing propagation characteristics throughout the day.

Let's give LSB 16 a try!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated