• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elecraft KX3 UTILITY MAC OSX An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
I got an error trying to use the utility which worked fine at first, then stopped.

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application
must be shut down.

Here is the email I got to fix it. Don't email me the file like it says, that was just what the writer of the utility wanted when it happened

it is possible that the preferences file or the directory structure used to store the firmware files may have, somehow, become corrupt.

Let's first try deleting the preferences file and see if that solves the problem.

Use Finder to navigate to the /User/your_user_name/Library/Preferences folder.

A quick way to get there is to click the "Go to folder" menu option under the "Go" menu in Finder.

Then type in "/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences".

Once you get there, locate the file named "KX3UtilPrefs" and rename it to something like "KX3UtilPrefs_BAK". Or you can delete it.

Then try running the KX3 Utility again. Renaming the preferences file would be better because I would like for you to email it to me if this fixes the problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.