• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Electronic repair

roadrage

I wish there was a shop around where I live (and a good one). I'd offer to work for them for nothing, just to learn what they had to teach. I have thought about buying equipment like an O-scope, but what is the point of having one if I don't learn how to properly use it. There used to be a shop about 25 miles away but, like a lot of shops, it closed its doors from lack of activity. It is too bad. I am looking into enrolling at the University of Maine for Electrical Engineering. It is a little intimidating being that I haven't attended an academic class in about 16 years. If it wasn't for that, I'd be starting in the fall. I can be such a coward sometimes. I have forgotten how to do algebra all together. I would be less intimidated providing free labor in exchange for knowlege and experience. I am a hands on type, otherwise I would use manuals and schematics to teach myself.

Hey, Google is your friend here.

Look up 'oscilloscope tutorial' on YouTube. That is what I did. Not that I am a tech. Learned how to align radios as a hobby. Now I am aligning 3 radios for a local op ATM. A Uniden GrantXL, Galaxy 959, and a 979.

Got a scope for a song. Had to buy a freq counter, DVM, dummy load, RF sig gen, Autek meter. Few other pieces. If I could do it; so can you.

I feel your pain I was wanting to do the same thing due to no cb shops within 60 miles of me.

Robb your post has got me wondering myself. If youtube and google can teach the ropes then heck! Im game.

Hey, Google is your friend here.

Look up 'oscilloscope tutorial' on YouTube. That is what I did. Not that I am a tech. Learned how to align radios as a hobby. Now I am aligning 3 radios for a local op ATM. A Uniden GrantXL, Galaxy 959, and a 979.

Got a scope for a song. Had to buy a freq counter, DVM, dummy load, RF sig gen, Autek meter. Few other pieces. If I could do it; so can you.

I would have a hard time. I need to see it right in front of me and ask questions. I would actually like to open a shop myself sometime in the future. Who knows.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.