• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EME on 11meters sked wanted

Hi Robb,

not sure yet, I jst moved to my new location (bougth especially for antenna use)
depending a bit on how many people come up for our eme thingy.
I have got one single yagi, where the boom is in a "truss" configuration.
It is now about 60 feet but can easily be made 100 feet long
That single one i could place really high.(wich would also give me great "normal Dx" opertunity. I just got my local gouverment lisence for a 100 feet tower.
But then i wont be able to elevate the system.
Another option might 4x6elements roughly 40..60 feet up.
Then it probarbly will be possible to elevate the thing, wich migth be more usefull for eme.
though i would like to take advantege of the additional ground gain ofcourse.
Either way im aming between 14...17 dBI. (ex ground gain)
Thats what i have in mind, though im sure one could do with less.

Kw's are not a issue.
ft2000 / nrd 545 for receiving and the biggest part of my coax cable is about 1.5 inches thick
I have asked (looked in) for a low noise pre-amps but im a bit stuck for those with noise levels below 1dB...think i will do without as it will also inlcude additional relays and the loss in the coax is much lower then it will be on vhf/uhf. I know the amp and switches will produce loss aswell but the germans didnt use it so i think im oke.

Kind regards,

Henry 19sd348
www.dx-antennas.com

Hi Henry,

Is it too much to ask at this point for you to provide us some proof? That you've heard this and you're heard that doesn't mean much.

Links or documentation to the German fellas that have worked EME on 11.

EME on a single 6M yagi? Would like proof on that one too.

The E- to -M distance is an instant lookup on google.

Thanks

Hello M8,

No, its not..thougth i did already at page 2.
Funkbasis.de • Thema anzeigen - Der MOND hat geantwortet !!!!
and there is a youtube movie aswell (see the link on page 2)
Thats "proof" of the Germans.
Remember if you can hear your echo's you can hear others with similair equipment.

For the 6 meter single yagi stations...just take a look at:

PE1BTX, Gerard van den Berg
There are more than one who do it that way.

Another one:
DSP-10 Transceiver Weak Signal Results

More info:
http://www.qsl.net/ik3xtv/ARCHIVIO/SINGLE YAGI EME.pdf

And:
W7GJ's JT44/JT65 Page (read how big a station is required)

With the mode JT65 we are now able to communicate with stations wich can be up to 16dB weaker than CW.

The distance to the moon is between 225,622 to 252,088 miles with an average of 239000 miles (roughly) not the 289,000 miles average you were refering to. (also google)

Kind regards,

henry 19sd348
All about antennas

The average distance to the moon is 289,000 miles (google) Talk about weak signal work! That is why GIANT antenna arrays with huge power outputs and extremely enhanced receiver networks are required for EME.

Has the moon moved further away under influence of the urantia book?

why be so sceptical?

many forms of propagation are thought to be not possible on 11m yet they happen.

wouldn't surprise me if huge power levels aren't necessary either, most likely all it will require is the right atmospheric conditions and the perserverence of those trying to achieve it until such times as they come across the conditions necessary.

radio waves travel in straight lines till some form of change in the medium they travel through occurs, as there is little between earth and the moon except our own atmosphere it stands to reason our own atmospheric conditions are the key to success, not massive power levels.

anyway i'm getting my dv27 and biscuit tin ground plane rigged up and i'll be listening out for Henry. I just hope his receiver has the selectivity to deal with the strength of my returning signal.;)

Here's a calculator where the frequency of use can be changed.

EME Path Loss

IIRC distance is measured in wavelengths so 11 meters puts the target much closer than V/UHF.

Thermal noise in the cable is the main reason a preamp is effective at the antenna on VHF. That may be less of an issue on 11 also.

Getting through the ionosphere could be the most difficult part as stated already. May require waiting for the right conditions.

When you get it working don't forget to ask for a smokey report.

Its already been done on 40 meters, using HAARP.
‪Moonbounce‬‏ - YouTube
However, this HAARP site can have effective radiated power in the billions of watts.

Yet, it should be easier on 11 meters, considering its closer to VHF.

Take any 6 meter EME setup that works, and size-up the antenna by a factor of two.

small update,

we just have got 380 volts installed by the local electrical company for the amp..so
from a "power perspective" were almost there.

so far i have had one serious reply...
But he has got noise from power lines in the direction where we could he both bennefit of ground gain. (in reference to the moon ofcourse).

anyone else?
Im looking for anyone with a boomlength over a full wave length and preferbly more than a Kw, ofcourse you will need to have your trx attached to computer.

Kind regards,

Henry HPSD 19sd348
All about antennas

small Update.....

the station is running, and we have had the pleasure to speak with quite a couple forum members all ready.

BUt for that EME thingy...I still need someone else.

Perferbly above a couple Kws and above say 40 feet boomlength.
Knowledge of JST65A and we are getting really close :)

Kind regards,

Henry HPSD 19SD348
All about antennas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?