• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ever wonder who manufactured your Export Radio?

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Ranger Electronic Communications, Inc. (referred to as "Ranger Taiwan"Aka Mr Jim Peng)I think is the biggest.

Jeff

CDX 339

RadioActive

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

yaesurogo.gif
</p>

Yep he is. Actually he has 3 Plants of his own. Then he has a couple other manufacturers make parts and a few radios for him. It's my understanding his networth in US money is well over $200 million.

</p>

Most people do not care who made their radio and their is some people that do. Only a few manufacturers. 2 different ones make most of the big names.

</p>

What I get a laugh on is whne people say on the radio "darn piece of garbage, I'll never buy a Galaxy again, I'mma get me a good 'ol connex." "nope I gonna get a mirage" or "nope the RCI'z the bestest"

What they mail to understand is that the radios are all made and designed by the same ignorant people, that cannot field test anything, they only do lab tests, and don't have a clue what intermod means, nor do they care, because people still buy this stuff.

Mr. Peng actually has been to our shop before asking for advice on how to make their radios better. For those of you that have been in our shop, I'm sure you have seen the photo of the crew from RCI China on the wall, standing in our shop. They were given advice for free, on better receiver designs, some of which they applied to the new DX series, but for every 1 thing they change, 100 more factory mistakes remain unchanged. Did you know that in some Galaxy radios have a diode where a jumper should be, and when it was brought to their attention, their reply was "oh yeah, yeah we know awl aboutit" (typed with their accent) Yes, the radio works this way, but not exactly the way it was designed.

Anyways, didn't mean to get started on a tangent, just backing up the fact that yes, most radios today on the market are either RCI, Maxon, or R.F. limited.

</p>

Does Dragon manufacture any radios anymore? I believe they were in the Phillipines?

</p>

I must have the wrong name for the people in the Phillipines then.

</p>

Maybe Albrecht has a plant in the Phillipines also but I am sure they are from Germany.They may market under a differant name also.Seems to me some Cherokee models look exactly like some Dragon models.

FT-857_web.jpg
Garth 9VE01 PE993 CDX993 Learn from others mistakes.You can not live long enough to make them all yourself.</p>

Yep and the Cheroke were made in Phillipines. Atleast the Cm10 and the bases etc.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.