• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Expo 100 freq.kits

W

w527

i just tried to install an Expo 100 freq. expander kit in a friends Uniden Washington base - AM channels work - with clairifier all the way to the left - will not center up. SSB will not work at all.(can't clairify on anything) This is the second SSB unit that i have tried to install these kits in that would not work. The other unit was a Cobra 142. I took the Washington on a 2hr. ride to the only tech. in my area that can be trusted, he told me what the radio was doing as soon as i told him what i'd done. He was right. I'm told that these kits will not work in a SSB unit properly. Has anyone else out there had this trouble. i've put these in AM units with no problems at all.

Bob-Whiskey527

</p>

What kit was you trying to install? I have installed many Expo kits in Washingtons as well as 142's without any troubles whatsoever.

charger400.gif
</p>

charger , it was the "b" kit for the washington - can't remember the one for the 142 - may have been the same.oh, i came home and broke out the books,wire and switches and gave him channels , just not as many as we had hoped without a X-tal change.

</p>

The older Washingtons with the D858 Chip in them took the Q kit, the newer ones to the B kit as did the 142.

I have seen some bad kits before, but none enough to label them as "they do not work well or not in thos radios".

I know that you have to go in and align the sideband and am ocilators though. You can not just put them in and expect them to work. That can be a task however.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this issue.

charger400.gif
</p>

i know they work. i've talked with people who were using them.this is a very neat little package - much better build then the first ones i saw.i have a freq. counter ,i put it on and when i saw how far off it was, i knew it was out of my league.i don't know ,maybe my tech(when i use one) was pissed that it wasn't purchased from him- he's a moody little guy at times.LOL!

Bob

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.