• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fairbanks in last night.....

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
502 in a mobile was putting a good signal all the way down into B.C., Washington, NV, S. Cal. It was a short qso for me. I heard him tell a guy in NV that he was hitting the 3k mark - which I believe to be true, for I did talk to him one day last week.
A "normal" station (lol) couldn't do that strong of a signal this time of year from a mobile (especially after dark). He was also talking to a good friend of his down close to Victorville, CA.; Ralph 754 (which is east of LA), which I have talk to lot over the years.

Then a station out of Whitehorse, Yukon Terr. came in for over an hour. It was funny to listen to people in Washington not believe he was on skip, heard a couple people ask him "where is Whitehorse!!!" LOL They didn't believe that he was in Canada..........Quazee Moto was his name.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.