• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC bans some wireless microphones

Seems that any good amateur operator would have known these devices were operating in an out of band frequency not listed on their license.

But hey it's only 1/10th of a watt, a little qrp anyone?

Seems that any good amateur operator would have known these devices were operating in an out of band frequency not listed on their license.

But hey it's only 1/10th of a watt, a little qrp anyone?

What do amateur operators have to do with this?? The units mentioned are wireless microphones used in the sound/music/video production industry.Most of them are body pak types or camera mount units with some being the headset or handheld types. Not many amateurs, or CB'ers for that matter, out there using wireless mics with their gear. The only wireless mics used on ham gear that I know of operate on infrared and not regular RF.

BTW, a license does not indicate what frequencies the holder may use and the users of the mentioned equipment do not need a license to operate them.

What do amateur operators have to do with this?? The units mentioned are wireless microphones used in the sound/music/video production industry.Most of them are body pak types or camera mount units with some being the headset or handheld types. Not many amateurs, or CB'ers for that matter, out there using wireless mics with their gear. The only wireless mics used on ham gear that I know of operate on infrared and not regular RF.

BTW, a license does not indicate what frequencies the holder may use and the users of the mentioned equipment do not need a license to operate them.
Just me hatin dawg.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.