• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FIREBIRD 500

AE5RD

Reformed CB'er
May 4, 2005
I have a Firebird 500 amp. I was wondering if anyone has one and how many watts is it supposed to put out. I also need to know what deadkey to put into it. I use mine on SSB for ten meters. I looked at the tubes once but i forgot what tubes are in there.

Tubes are 6je6c, 1 driving 3. I have two, one with variable, one without. I never ran more than 3 to 3 1/2w d/k into mine. It's been a while since I've had one of them in line, but if memory serves me, on the lowest setting I was getting around 160-180w d/k. On SSB, again if I remember correctly, I was seeing between 240 and 400w, but don't quote me on that wattage. Hope this helps a bit.

thanks I was driving with 3 watts and getting about the same numbers. I made a nice contact yesterday on 10 meters. That was the best i've heard 10 meters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.