• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fireboat "Firefighter" on air 9FEB

n1qov

Dec 9, 2012
Jim - KK1W
Mary Elkins, KB1ME

Received this great opportunity for participation from The Bears of Manchester, CT listed below. Thought it would be great to get the word out any nets & posting on HCRA & MTARA Facebook & Twitter accounts. Hope you can help with getting the word out. 73’s Susan WA1SJG

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:11 PM
To: The BEARS
Subject: Fw: Marine Mobile Operation

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Bob Allison <ballison@arrl.org>; Don Fisher <dofisher@suffolk.lib.ny.us>; Lyn Allen <lynallen33@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Mon, February 4, 2013 9:41:48 PM
Subject: Marine Mobile Operation

On Saturday February 9th, the ex FDNY fireboat "Firefighter" will be transiting between Brooklyn and Greenport, NY via the East River, Hell Gate and Long Island Sound. I have been granted permission to operate Marine Mobile as K2KKH/MM during the trip.

The "Firefighter" served FDNY from 1938 until 2010 and is now in the possession of the non-profit Fireboat Firefighter Museum. It is 134' long, 32' wide and has a draft of 9'. Its 2 Cleveland Diesel engines drive 3 generators apiece, totaling 1,100 Kw for each set of generators and it was able to pump 20,000 gpm through 8 monitors.

I will be operating beginning around 0700 and will work as long as I can. Bands will be the General portion of 15, 20 and 40 with some 2M Simplex at appropriate points.

The last time I did this, a DX cluster had my operation posted, so check that, or just scan. If possible I will post band and frequency on my Facebook page.

Please give this the widest distribution in your respective organizations.

Jonathan K2KKH

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.