• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Force 12 antennas

Not knowing much about either antenna, just what you've posted here, I still think I'd sit down before pricing them - lol. Only from what I can see in the pictures, and from what little is said about them on their site, they just look/sound like the typical, average antennas, nothing really exceptional.
- 'Doc

Well, I guess the secret is out. I know Tom @ Force12 and have a Sigma-11 on order. Once it arrives, I'll build and do a write up on the antenna.

The Sigma antenna is a center fed half wave antenna that it loaded on both ends in order to give it a 50 ohm match. The antenna is approx 97% efficient.

I have used both a custom built Sigma on 146MHz as well as the only living Sigma on 223MHz (currently installed on a mountain top outside of Las Vegas. All I can say about these two antenna is WOW! We'll see if the 11-meter version follows suit.

The 4 element and 8 element beams are modeled after his Magnum Series and almost identical to his Magnum 810 (price is around $879.00 for the 811).

These are world class antennas and not for the weak at heart. I'd say 99% of CB radio operators won't lay down the cash.

Still, if you want an antenna that can take 10KW, Jay's Crusader will be one of your only viable choices.

i would think by their reputation alone
it will be a decent antenna at worst

dipoles are not true omni directional though

will need some convincing to go buy one to replace my I-10K

At the end of the day, its still just a 1/2 wave verticle dipole. If this antenna was better than a 5/8 wave, Avanti and others would have marketed them instead.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.