• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Francis vs Silverload

I am a huge fan of the Francis. I have owned and used both the Silverload and the Francis many times. I would use the Francis if I could. It is cheaper, works just as well or better, is more durable, and it is lighter making it easier to keep in a mount. If you are running an amplifier bigger than say a Texas Star 350 you will want the Silverload. Although, I have run a driven 4 pill through a Francis for a while in a pinch without failure. Surely wouldn't recommend it though....

Mopar

The 5' silverload is a great antenna for a multitude of reasons in relationship to mirror mounting on a big truck. I have used both and I prefer the top loaded type antenna on my 379. It seems to do a better job dealing with the "stack" effect these tractors have as well as cutting down on the atmospheric "hash" when trying to hear up and down the road. Tough as nails and resistant to wind bend. I lean more toward the Quad wrap solarcon in 5' length now. The larger loading coil seems to provide better TX power and the RX charisterics are similar to the other top load designs, plus the graphite poles are virtually unbreakable.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.