• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-2900 mods?

foodguy

Sep 12, 2009
Does anyone have the MARS mod for the new Yaesu FT-2900? I thought it would be the same as the 2800 but I opened it up and there isn't any solder pads. The keypad mod doesn't work either.

Courtesy of kf4iog:

I have looked every where for this mod and finally decided to give it a try myself. I looked at the ft-2800 article and there is a picture there that shows 3 sorter pads so went and looked for the same in the ft-2900.
I did find them there so i desoldered the pad that was sodererd and i did not solder the number 2 pad like in the ft-2800 mod.
See also this picture below.

moleculo-albums-miscellaneous-picture1391-ft-2900-mod.jpg

Take the front off of the ft-2900 and look in the inside of the front cover for the 3 pads (they are much smaller than on previous model radios from yaesu) but they are there. 2 of them are not soldered and 1 is. Desolder the pad that is and put the radio back together then press and hold the rev-low-d/mr buttons in and turn on power and then you should have the extended transmit and receive that you are wanting.
I just did this about 3 days ago and it worked great. I can now use this radio on my local fire dept freqs.

73's,
mike
kf4iog

Do you have to hold the rev-low-d/mr buttons down eveyr time you power up or just the first time?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.