• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT 60R HT

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
Just purchased one this week. Nice Dualband HT. Had a Alinco 596T Dualbander that was for the birds for sure.

Anyone else using the FT 60R?

I just bought one. Only complaint I have is the stock "rubber ducky" antenna is junk but then, aren't they all? Battery life seems really good. I managed to run it for almost 3 days on a single charge! Granted, that was mostly listening and not a lot of transmitting but still seemed pretty good.

W4GSK said:
I just bought one. Only complaint I have is the stock "rubber ducky" antenna is junk but then, aren't they all? Battery life seems really good. I managed to run it for almost 3 days on a single charge! Granted, that was mostly listening and not a lot of transmitting but still seemed pretty good.

Yes, VG battery life. And maybe I'm picky, but I like the turn-knob-click-"ON" vs. the ones where you push a pad to pwr the unit on and off.

To fix the stock antenna problem, I just ordered a Diamond SHR77CA antenna. Apparently these are excellent antennas judging by the fact that EVERYONE is sold out of them and back-ordered for a month! All the reviews I could find said they were great for HT's and scanners. Can't wait to get mine to find out.

I have one. Excellent radio. The rubber duck antenna doesn't receive all that well compared to other dual band HT's I have owned. Of course its more of a broad band antenna. Battery life is very good, and so is the RX/TX audio, sounds like a mobile rig. Fairly easy mod for MARS, MURS, FRS, etc.

I keep a FT-60 mounted on my motorcycle. I bought a "headset" like this http://tinyurl.com/ybbv77 on ebay. No mic boom,The mic is built into the ear piece.It has a seperate PTT button with a velcro strap that I wrap around the handlebars. It's not "Broadcast " quality TX audio but it works and I've had no complaints. It's really handy! The headset also works on my VX2.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.