• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-897

T

Tumbleweed

Is this radio modifiable for full coverage, including 11.

I'm eyeing this one.

Thanks,

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Sure is.Go to www.mods.dk and look up the model number.You have to change the connections on a bunch of solder pads inside.One thing to be aware of is that doing a full TX mod makes you lose the auto repeater shift function.Same mods basically as my FT-857.You need a really small solder iron and watch the numbering of the jumper pads.They are mixed up a bit and do not follow in logical order 1,2,3,4 etc.

FT-857_web.jpg
Garth 9VE01 PE993 CDX993 Learn from others mistakes.You can not live long enough to make them all yourself.</p>

Thanks Garth. I figured it out. I thought there were some actual jumpers that you could switch. I may see if I can find a jumper unit

to fit that. That would make it a little easier to switch back and forth, I guess. I'll probably switch it back later. I was hoping for a really good all purpose radio to use in the mobile. These things are well made.

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Yeah, after I made that statement I thought it wasn't really that hard to do on this radio. It's all right on top. That's true, I wouldn't be doing it much at all.

Garth was your 857 putting out a full 100w when you bought it?

This 897 is only putting out about 60w in HF, just curious. I'll have to look on the mods site and see if they have the service manual in pdf to see if I can adjust this thing.

Thanks again.

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Do you know which vr's are for the power adj?

Thanks,

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Boy you did it again! Thanks a bunch.

I've been trying to get the one from www.mods.dk site

and it kept locking up.

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>