• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 WIRES II

jcalbano

Jun 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
Does anyone have any experience in WIRESII?

I amusing the Yaesu Node in Cyprus CA 438.5000 MHz set to simplex and and a code of 1101D in the DTMF.

The problem: the Internet does not open.

Is thedred anything else I should be aware of?

Any help or direction would be most appreciated. Thanks

John N6TRC

If you are just a FTM-350 user just looking for WIRES II node like W6DXC Cypress, CA you will never connect to them unless you are right next to the building.

Also, it is difficult to locate other active hams that have created a node by setting up a WIRES II box.

Received this information from Yaesu:

Our node is #1101D at a frequency of 438.500. However, we do not have our WiRES box connected to a repeater. Ours is connected to a dedicated link radio connected to a dual band antenna sitting in a window of our office.
Our building makes a pretty good Faraday cage so using RF you are limited to about a mile around our building but you should still be able to connect to our node no problem. You would connect with our node by entering #1101D from your handheld or mobile radio directly through your node. When connection is made then you will hear any activity in our area through your node and as long as you are within transmitting/receiving distance of your repeater you can work our node. You must use the # at the beginning of the node number and the D at the end to access any node. Our node is basically a test station where we can check your system to see if the audio levels are set correctly and it is actually working. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can offer any additional help.

You would need to be able to access a local WiRES node to be able to access another WiRES node. Unfortunately, the city does not allow us to put any antennas on the roof or attached to the building in any way. If we could do that then our node would be pretty easy to get into form where you are. Go figure!

Best Regards,
Jerry Darby, N6UME
Amateur Tech Support
Amateur Products Division
Vertex Standard USA
10900 Walker street
Cypress, Ca. 90630
Voice: (714) 827-7600
j.darby@vxstdusa.com
Web Page: www.yaesu.com

Last edited:

dxChat